Kent Electric was started in 1947 by John Kent in Casnovia Michigan. John specialized in commercial and residential electrical work and would wire barns, schools, and commercial and municipal buildings. John’s youngest, Richard Kent, eventually purchased the company from his father in 1978, and would go on to shift the focus to outside line and substation construction. He would also change the name to Kent Power.
Over the last 40 years, we’ve grown substantially to over 500 team members that perform Line Construction, Substation Construction, and Natural Gas Construction for Investor Owned Utilities, Cooperative, Municipals, and Private Owners and Developers. Most importantly we have implemented a team-based culture that works collaboratively across multiple departments to plan and execute critical projects that lead with safety, communication, scheduling, and quality. Our focus is to make difficult projects seem easy for our crews and our customers.
At Kent Power, we are committed to the pursuit of excellence in Quality, Safety, and Leadership Development Programs by means of Continuous Improvement. It is this commitment from the entire Company that allows Kent Power to maintain our competitive leadership position in the utility construction and maintenance industry. Our aim and ultimate goal is to serve our team, care for our customers, and execute strategically, for without these we would not exist.
We serve both private and public-based utility companies, EPC firms, industrial customers and more.
Deal with a company that creates a culture that encourages safety and performance on the job.
We're committed to workplace safety and quality services.